View My Stats

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Danny, Three Portraits


Danny was what I would call a "problem model".  He had several things going for him - perfect skin, thick dark hair, dark eyes.  He was of Irish-Italian descent, and had the best of both.

He had done professional print modeling for a local department store and knew the ropes.  He wore clothes well.  What he lacked was confidence in his body, and a reluctnce to pose nude because of it.  He thought his chest was too flat and his nose was too big.  He constantly tried to play down his Italian side, while I tried to highlight it.

Below are three consecutive frames of a portrait shoot,  showing the process of getting the image I wanted.







There will be more to come as I struggle to teach Danny to trust me and not his insecurities.  It was a long battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment