View My Stats

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Figure on White

After years of working mainly out of my home, I finally got my first real studio, a small building in a historic section of Houston, originally built some sixty years ago as a storage building.  It was crude and basic, freezing in the winter and burning up in the summer, but it had wonderful space and light, and I was able to create in ways I had never been able to before.


One of my first models in this space was someone who, for professional reasons, could not allow his face to show in nudes.


Never an optimum situation, I was determined to make the best of it, and produced a series beginning with the image below:



Photographed in high-key light against a white paper background.



1 comment:

  1. In this whole series, I like that it's not at all obvious that the model is hiding his face; that the face is obscured appears entirely natural. -Josh

    ReplyDelete