View My Stats

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Figure on a Bed


Although I often shot color film on theater assignments, I very rarely shot color for fine art figure work.  I didn't have the equipment to develop and print color, and so couldn't easily control the results.

Now that I was shooting digitally, I had to learn the color process all over again.  At first it was all too easy, and I succumbed to the ability to shoot color just about anywhere I liked, with very little discrimination, I'm afraid.

The image above is the result of an early attempt.  I met the model, Brandon, at a Bachelorette Party.  He was part of the entertainment.

His ease in the situation, coupled with his talent for movement, caught my attention.  And, OK, he was pretty.  But he had a personality  to match, and we started talking.  Before the party ended, he had agreed to a shoot.




1 comment: