View My Stats

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Photography and Painting

This one is based, not on a painting, but on a photograph of a painter, Thomas Eakins, in his 19th century studio.


It struck me, apart with such amenities as lighting, and, if you're lucky, heat, the grubby ambiance of the artist's studio has changed very little.


Here is a photo of my old studio in a historic section of Houston.  Although it had two AC window units, it was sweltering in the summer and freezing in the winter.  But it was a marvelous space, with wonderful light, and I miss it. The owner decided it would serve much better as a location for a mid-rise condo.

Rob was waiting while I adjusted a light.



This figure of Rob was taken at another location, but fits beautifully in the setting.  

I used this background with several models.  I will post more of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment