View My Stats

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Figure on a Stool


Unretouched image, never printed.  The figure is somewhat harshly over-lit, and the backdrop is a gray sheet.  The wrinkles are quite obvious, and the result is cluttered. 

Soon after this session I purchased six yards of 54" heavy polyester black jersey fabric, cut it in half and sewed the two lengths together to make a large drop.  It hung without stretching, absorbed the light and was virtually indestructible. 

I still use it today, some 20+ years later, and it will still be around long after I'm gone.  Even if it goes to the landfill it will last for centuries.


The same image, the exposure manipulated with Photoshop.  I could probably have done the same thing in the darkroom, but it would have taken a great deal of time and painstaking burning and dodging.  Instead, I just scrapped the image, until now.


Figure on a Stool, final image.  Cropped, dodged and burned in Photoshop in less than half an hour.  I do love digital technology.

The model, Lindsay, was a friend.  You will see him again.




No comments:

Post a Comment