View My Stats

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Figure in Shadow


My first nude model.  I suppose it's a cliche that most artists begin with a model with whom they have an intimate relationship, and I was no exception. 

It was an exciting time, both personally and artistically, and it was thrilling to share that with someone.  In this case, he was an artist himself, and understood the process.

We spent hours exploring the possibilities, and although it ended badly - another cliche - I still treasure the experience, and have images such as this to remember it by.

This appears to be artificially lit, but I recognize the wall of the apartment I lived in then, and I had no studio lights at that time ( the late 70's or very early '80's).  I don't really remember what I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment