View My Stats

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Steven, Figure with arms folded


Every once in a while a model comes along who can do no wrong. The camera loves him.  It's a cliche, but it happens.  I've been lucky to have had a few of them. Such a one was Steven. 

I don't remember how I found him; in those days it was all word of mouth, but he showed up one evening and we shot for hours, each image better than the one before.  He needed very little direction; he had an instinct for just the right pose, and I let him go.

We did a series of shoots together, and I will post more in the coming days, but I will start with the one above, a simple frontal pose, but rife with attitude.

The prop is a styrofoam cut-out that had been used in the decor of a local charity event.  I was always on the lookout for this kind of thing to use on a set.



No comments:

Post a Comment