View My Stats

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Figure Reclining on a Carpet


This exercise is really taking me back.  I think this may be from the very first nude shoot I did.  Judging from the location it must have been taken around 1976 or 1977.  I can't remember how I got it printed, as I had no darkroom facilities then.  I must have had access to the university darkroom.

The image itself is quite straight-forward; there is little artistry here.  It was shot in natural light on my apartment floor.  The carpet is particularly distracting to me; I have always disliked images shot on that kind of surface; it strikes me as being especially amateurish.

Nevertheless I remember being very excited at the opportunity, and I suppose it launched me on the artistic path I still follow.

The model was my first; he has appeared in two other images here (Wednesday, June 1, Sunday, June 12, 2011).


No comments:

Post a Comment