View My Stats

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jamie,Mask


An image from my first gallery show, "Now You See It, Now You Don't", 1987.  It was the first time I had ever shown a male nude in public, and I was nervous. The models were nervous.  This one was particularly nervous, and had stipulated that his face not show, and that he not be identified.  He was a local public school teacher, and had good reason for his concern, so I agreed.

During the opening, which was going quite well, someone came up to me and said he wanted to buy the photo of Jamie.  I stuck to my agreement and told him I was sorry, but I never identified my models, and couldn't tell him which was the photo of Jamie.  He said he already knew which one it was; Jamie had told him.  He just wanted to buy it. That's when I learned not to second-guess models.


No comments:

Post a Comment