View My Stats

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bloomington Primavera


I just returned fron the Kinsey Institute Exhibition, where I was able to see some of their permanent collection of George Platt Lynes and Baron Von Gloeden.  Actually holding those original prints in my hands, images that have never been published, was an experience I shall never forget.

While I was there I managed to do one shoot.  The image above is a result.  I had contacted a model online, but he called me just before I got there to tell me that he was ill and running a high fever; he would not be able to shoot.  I was disappointed, but that seemed to be that.  Then he called me back to say that a friend of his, Scott, would like to do it.  Scott arrived at my hotel room about an hour later.

The room decor was early tacky, with a particularly eye-searing floral bedspread, so we worked off that, creating a contemporary American midwestern "Primavera".

After this I will return to posting the earlier black and white film work for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment