View My Stats

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Kinsey Institute Juried Exhibition 2011


For the next seven to ten days I will be out of town attending the opening of the Kinsey Juried Exhibition in Bloomington, Indiana.  I have a photograph in the exhibit.  I am sorry, but here will be no new posts during that time.  I hope those of you who are following this blog will return for further posts when I get back.  

Meanwhile, please take a look at the complete posting to date, if you have not, and leave some comments if you will.  I have been very pleased at the participation so far, but part of the reason for this blog is to elicit a response to the images, so I would appreciate your thoughts.

Below is the image on display in the Exhibition:

Climax I

This image is exactly what it appears to be.  It was shot in low light, using a $12 aluminum utility light and a flood bulb, clipped to a chair.  The tungsten light created the orange-red color.  Initially I color-corrected it, but then realized that the more intense color heightened the emotion of the moment.

This is the first digital image I have shown here, and the first color.  I will return to black and white film images after this.

The photograph was printed in a 24"x24" format, and framed to 27"x27".  The large size further enhances the intensity of the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment