View My Stats

Monday, May 30, 2011

Pont Royal, Paris - Homme, Femme



And now for something completely different.  Some years ago, while strolling along the Seine, I happened to look down over the embankment and discovered a whole new world, in the heart of Paris. 

 There is a stretch of quai, between Pont Royal and Pont Academe, where Parisians go in the summer to bake themselves in the sun.  They wear very little to (literally) nothing, and some of the most beautiful bodies in the city are on casually wanton display.

As a photographer I am a voyeur by nature, and for hours I walked a fine line as I tried to stay as unobtrusive as possible while recording the wonderful images before me.

The two photographs above were taken a few yards apart.  I was struck by the diametrically opposite  body language - the open abandon of the male in contrast to the rigid, almost prim stance of the female, including the neatly positioned shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment