View My Stats

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sexe Mechanique

The image on the left was taken with the same set-up as the last one.  I don't remember the impetus for the hand; it was an artist's model hand that I had recently bought in Paris, and it was just lying around.  I placed it over the model's crotch and he held it there by pressing his thighs together.  I liked the result.

Sometime later I was browsing through a bookstore and came upon a collection of George Platt Lynes.  I had never heard of him, and was amazed at his work.  As I leafed through the book I came across the image on the right.  It really upset me, because, although I had never seen it, I was afraid that people would assume that I had copied it.  To be honest, it still bothers me, but nevertheless I'm proud of the image.

Since then I have seen a number of variations on this theme, always using a real hand.  I have no idea whether these are imitations of the original, or independent works.  I don't suppose it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment