View My Stats

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Figure, Chaise


Another figure on the chaise - if that chaise could talk -  this one of my painter friend with the strong self-image.  You can see how forcefully he projects it.  He was almost impossible to direct.


During one shoot in particular, every time I directed him to turn his head a certain way, he would change it ever so subtly just before I snapped the shutter.  It was getting more and more frustrating, as I struggled to get the image I wanted.


I finally asked him just what he thought he was doing; he smiled serenely and said, "Nothing.", but I thought I saw a little glint in his eye.  I turned around and saw that there was a large framed picture hanging on the wall behind me.  He was looking at his reflection in the glass and adjusting his pose.


No comments:

Post a Comment